How Can Chinese People Go to Hong Kong and Macau? photo 0

How Can Chinese People Go to Hong Kong and Macau?

You might wonder how to get to Hong Kong and Macau if you are a Chinese citizen. Here are some basics that you should know before making your move. First, you’ll need to get an Entry permit. Then you’ll need to learn the Restrictions and Requirements. Once you know these, you can proceed to the application process. Once you’ve applied for an entry permit, you’ll need to visit the Immigration Department.

Entry permit

An entry permit for Chinese people to travel to Hong Kong and Macau is a document issued by the Mainland to travel to these territories. The entry-exit license is a passport-like booklet with a gold National Emblem on the front cover and a blue page for endorsements. The back cover also contains a biodata page with a machine-readable code. All personal details, including the permit holder’s name, are printed in simplified Chinese characters. The name of the permit holder is transcribed into Pinyin.

If you are under 18, you must submit an original or photocopy of your parents’ passports. For your application, you must include your itinerary and proof of your hotel reservation. Chinese citizens residing in the Mainland, foreigners working, studying, or for personal needs may also apply for a Residence Permit for Hong Kong and Macau. There is a limit to the number of such permits, but it’s unlikely to apply to every person who needs one.

Chinese citizens who wish to visit Hong Kong or Macau should obtain an entry permit first. An entry permit for Chinese people is required if they intend to stay in the territory for more than seven days. The Chinese embassy can issue you a single or double entry permit, and the two-year license is available only to holders of permanent residence cards. An entry permit is necessary if you’re an ordinary Chinese citizen planning to live, work or study in Hong Kong.


If you’re looking for visa requirements to visit Hong Kong and Macau, you’ve come to the right place. While Mainland residents don’t need a visa to visit the territory, they do need to have a valid passport. Those who are transiting through Hong Kong must have reasonable access and air tickets for connecting flights to the Chinese Mainland. Transistors who are not going to the Chinese Mainland or Macau must get an exit endorsement from the Ministry of Public Security.

In addition to visa requirements, the Immigration Department of Macau will also check visitors’ passports. Canadian diplomats based in Beijing explained that a ticket with a PRC entry stamp must be scanned by the immigration department before a person can enter or leave the territory. We also met a Canadian official in Guangzhou, China, and observed PRC nationals with entry and exit stamps for Macau.

Citizens of mainland China must apply for a Two-Way Permit for Travelling to Hong Kong before they can enter the territory. Nearly 100 nationalities require a Hong Kong visa. Chinese embassies in other countries can help them obtain a Hong Kong visa in advance. Additionally, persons from 2 countries must complete a Pre-Arrival Registration in Hong Kong before entering the territory. PAR applications are processed quickly.


There are many restrictions on Chinese citizens traveling to Hong Kong and Macau. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, passenger ferry links between Hong Kong and Macau have been suspended. Visitors must now enter Macau through Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge land port and stay in quarantine for 14 days. Hong Kong and Macau both speak English as official languages. Although Cantonese is the dominant language in Hong Kong and Macau, Mandarin Chinese is becoming more common in tourist establishments and public spaces.

As of March 28, 2020, the government of China has tightened its travel restrictions for foreigners. Those traveling from endemic areas will be prohibited from entering the country until their visa application is processed. China has also implemented COVID-19 testing and quarantine requirements for all foreign nationals. The restrictions on travel have gradually been tightened, and it is still possible to travel to Hong Kong and Macau despite these regulations.

In addition, Canadians should consult a lawyer in China if they suspect they are being detained in China. Although the Chinese government rarely makes its list of banned entities public, the consequences for Canadians associated with them are unclear. Political protests in China can result in detention and even travel bans. There are many ways to get out of a business dispute, including consulting a lawyer.

Requirements for non-permanent residents

Although there are no specific residency requirements for people from Hong Kong and Macau, most professionals who meet the other criteria can be granted permanent residency after five years of employment. After the handover, people born in the city can also apply for residency. In June 2017, more than 89,000 people moved to Taiwan, most opting for the United Kingdom. Those born before 1997 are eligible for a particular immigration scheme.

For a dependent visa, the applicant must apply at least four weeks before the stay expires. A renewal application can only be approved if the dependents meet the required criteria and the sponsor remains a bona fide resident of Hong Kong. For the spouse and children of Hong Kong permanent residents, the three-year rule applies to dependents. However, the applicant may be denied permanent residency if the dependents do not meet these criteria.

Mainland residents must apply for an Exit-entry Permit (EEP) before traveling to Hong Kong. The EEP must contain an appropriate exit endorsement. Residents on the Mainland must apply for an EEP at the Public Security Bureau office and attach the EEP label to the blank endorsement page. Applicants who wish to travel to Hong Kong must present the EEP to the Immigration Officer upon arrival.

Visa-free access for permanent residents

Citizens of 170 countries and regions do not need visas to visit Hong Kong and Macau. However, it is essential to note that the «Visa-free access for permanent residents of China to Hong Kong and Macau» is not the same as the visa-free access for Chinese citizens. It refers to administrative entry restrictions. For example, a Chinese citizen visiting Hong Kong or Macau for business will need an entry permit.

Those with a passport issued by the United States do not require a visa to enter Hong Kong or Macau. In addition, holders of a Macau identity card do not need access to the territory. However, they must have been a Hong Kong or Macau resident for the past two years and have visited at least once in the last seven years. Those with a Taiwan entry permit are also eligible for the visa-free access scheme.

Citizens of Japan and Singapore are also eligible for Visa-Free Access to Hong Kong and Macau. Permanent residents of China must obtain a Mainland Travel Permit before entering the territory. In addition, there may be other restrictions, including health-related, diplomatic or political. Additionally, many countries require a minimum number of blank pages in their passports. This does not count endorsement pages, usually found after visa pages.

Travel restrictions for Chinese nationals

There are various travel restrictions for Chinese nationals visiting Hong Kong and Macau. The main one is that foreign nationals living in Hong Kong must obtain a visa before entering the Chinese Mainland. Only people in need of humanitarian assistance are allowed to apply for a visa. These restrictions and requirements are detailed below. Macau is also a restricted territory for non-residents of other countries. Mainland Chinese nationals must visit Hong Kong first before they can enter.

Although travel restrictions have been implemented for Chinese nationals since February, some countries have not imposed them. Several countries imposed travel restrictions on Chinese nationals after the WHO categorized the COVID-19 outbreak as a public health emergency. As a result, 45 U.S. states have imposed travel and trade restrictions on China. For Chinese nationals, it’s best to avoid traveling to these countries.

However, if you have an exit ban, you may want to seek legal advice before leaving the country. Chinese authorities do not usually disclose the list of sanctioned entities or individuals, so you won’t be able to contact them directly. However, if you think your travel is necessary, you should contact the nearest Canadian Embassy to inquire about your specific situation. The Canadian government cannot intervene in foreign judicial matters, so you must have a translator for all of your documents.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *