How Can a Chinese From Mainland China Work in Hong Kong? image 0

How Can People From Mainland China Work in Hong Kong?

Are you looking for information on how to enter Hong Kong for work or study? Learn more about Mainland China Work Visa or HKSAR Entry Permit. Then, learn about the Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals. Social insurance programs for foreign employees are also available. In addition, the Chinese government offers various visa schemes for workers in the country. However, the process is not that simple. If you have any doubts, please contact the Hong Kong government.

Mainland China Work Visa (also called Z Visa)

Getting a Mainland China Work Visa (also called a Z visa) to work in Hong Kong can be a hassle. Before applying for a work permit, you must first obtain a Chinese Work Notice document. You must then submit this document to the Public Security Bureau of the city where you plan to work. Also, you must provide a translated and authenticated TEFL/TESOL certificate issued by a Chinese Embassy or Consulate to prove your qualifications. Note that a TEFL/TESOL certificate can only be used for teaching positions, so you must apply for another type of work permit if you plan to pursue a career in the education sector.

Before applying for a Mainland China Work Visa, you must have a valid invitation letter from a Chinese employer. This letter will act as your invitation letter. In most cases, you can submit this invitation letter to the Chinese Consulate in Hong Kong or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China. However, it is essential to note that you cannot apply for a Chinese visa if you are not a Hong Kong resident. If you are not a Hong Kong resident, you must obtain a Chinese Work Visa (also called a Z visa) to work in Hong Kong.

The Z-visa is necessary if you plan to take up paid employment in China or perform commercial entertainment there. It is generally required for full-time employees. To apply for a Z-visa, you must have a BA degree certificate, a non-criminal background check, and notarized documents. Although the process may be cumbersome, it is worth the wait.

You must also have an invitation letter stating your visit purpose, date of birth, and whether you will work in the city where you are applying for a work permit. The official must also stamp the letter. Mainland China Work Visa (also called Z Visa) to work in Hong Kong is necessary for working in the city where you wish to live and work.

Mainland China Entry Permit (also called HKSAR Entry Permit)

Applicants for the Mainland China Entry Permit (also called the HKSAR Entitlement) must hold a valid Hong Kong work permit for at least two months. The applicant must return to Hong Kong before the expiration of the work permit. Chinese working in Hong Kong must accompany their employers to the Mainland for shopping and tourism. The application must be filled out accurately and correctly by the applicant. The applicant must provide a copy of their original work permit, employment contract, and proof of residence in China Mainland.

The current version of the Mainland China Entry Visa has been in circulation since January 2, 2013. The newest permit has a biometric chip, much like biometric passports. The numbering scheme has been revised, separating the 11-digit permit number into nine-digit sections and adding a two-digit issuing sequence number. The permit also contains an English description, as the older version did not.

Applicants who are not local graduates may apply for the General Employment Policy. However, they must have specific knowledge, skills, or experience to be eligible for the permit. Applicants must also meet the necessary living expenses and obtain a valid entry permit. Applicants must also be able to pay for course fees. However, it is possible to apply for a Hong Kong entry permit if the spouse wants to live in the city.

The PAR process requires Indian nationals to register their details online before traveling to the territory. They must fill out the online application form and submit basic personal details and information such as passport information. A notification slip will be sent to their email account once their application is approved. They must print the confirmation email and show the PAR at the border. If they want to stay in Hong Kong longer than the maximum allowed period, they must apply for the HKSAR Entitlement Permit.

To work in Hong Kong, Chinese residents must be of Chinese nationality. They are not allowed to work in Hong Kong unless they have a valid passport. The Home Return Permit, however, may be used instead of foreign keys. However, if a foreigner is in Hong Kong for longer than six months, they can apply for a Residence Permit for Hong Kong and Macau.

Mainland China Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals

The Maritime Affairs Bureau’s ‘Admission Scheme for Oriented Foreign Professionals and Contingent Workers’ aims to attract talented Mainland Chinese nationals to work in the Chinese government. Currently, a variety of policies are in place to attract these workers. This article outlines some of the policies that apply to these groups. In addition to the ASMTP, the government has also implemented several other policies that apply to foreign investors.

Among the most notable changes to the scheme are the requirements and procedures. Professionals from mainland China with good educational qualifications and experience are eligible to apply. Employing companies must demonstrate that they could not find a suitable local candidate for the position. The scheme will also require the employer to prove that the hiring company can only recruit applicants from Mainland China if their local candidate is unavailable. After all, this is the best way to attract high-quality talent to Hong Kong.

The ASMTP aims to attract talented Mainland residents who can work in Hong Kong. The scheme does not require a specific sector and is intended for professionals from Mainland China with relevant experience or special skills. It is also open to non-local graduates who have studied in Hong Kong. This scheme is designed to help people from Mainland China find good jobs in Hong Kong and contribute to the local economy.

Hong Kong’s Immigration Department has set up a unique program for highly qualified Mainland Chinese to work in Hong Kong. The program is separate from the Hong Kong employment visa process, which is meant for PRC passport holders living outside the city. The Immigration Department has provided a checklist of documents needed for the application and a detailed discussion on the reasons for requesting these documents. Individuals who meet these requirements can apply for a General Visitor Visa under the ‘Business Visit’ category. This visa will last between seven to 180 days.

Social insurance programs for foreign employees

If you are a foreign employee in Hong Kong, you will need to pay Social Security contributions. Most countries have social insurance agreements with China, so you will be covered if you work there. If you don’t have a social insurance policy in China, you can find out more about it here. Currently, social insurance programs in China are limited to foreign employees in countries that have colonial insurance treaties with China.

You must enroll in one of the three social insurance schemes if you are a foreign employee. The minimum salary threshold is RMB 5,975 per month, and the maximum salary threshold is RMB 31,014.

The employer must complete the social insurance registration process for foreign employees within 30 days after the employee obtains an Alien Employment Permit. The social security authorities will monitor employers’ payments of social security contributions, and employers who fail to comply will face administrative penalties. The Interim Measures will increase the tax burden on foreign employees. The additional tax burden may be as much as US$10,000 per year. For foreigners, however, social insurance in Hong Kong may be beneficial.

Hong Kong employers should ensure that their workers receive the benefits they are entitled to. In Hong Kong, for example, the Shanghai Policy ended in 2003 with preferential treatment for foreign employees in social security contributions. Therefore, reviewing social insurance contribution policies for foreign employees is crucial. Further, ensure your company’s social insurance policy complies with the PRC Social Security Law.

In addition to the above, Hong Kong has several bilateral social security agreements with various countries, including the United States. However, these social insurance programs may differ in eligibility and coverage. You must obtain your employment permit and complete the required forms as an ex-pat. The Shanghai Labor Bureau has tentatively accepted social security contributions for foreign employees. Your company may be required to make retroactive contributions. However, the Chinese government has not yet implemented foreign employee policies.

If you want to extend your stay in Hong Kong beyond 90 days, you can apply for a Working holiday visa. A work permit is necessary for individuals planning to work in Hong Kong. You will also need a Business visa and a work permit if you plan to do any work during your stay. For more information, read the following tips. There are many visa agencies in Hong Kong. China Travel Services is a good one and conveniently located near the airport.

Working holiday visas allow for longer than 90 days in Hong Kong.

Working holiday visas are a great way to travel and experience a new culture. These visas enable you to live like a local and make friends with the locals. Most working holiday visas operate under reciprocal agreements between two countries, promoting cultural exchange and travel. However, the requirements for this type of visa vary from country to country. In Hong Kong, applicants must be at least 18 years old and have graduated from a third-level education in the last twelve months.

Applicants for working holiday visas must apply for a working holiday visa to enter the country. Most of the applicants are from the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and South Africa. Working holiday visas allow longer stays in Hong Kong than 90 days and can be applied online. For business trips to Hong Kong, a business trip is not required, however. The maximum period of stay for each nationality varies. Citizens of 35 countries can stay for 14 days, citizens of 25 countries can stay for thirty days, and visitors from select countries can stay up to 180 days.

When applying for a Working Holiday Visa, applicants must show evidence of sufficient savings to support their stay. The German Consulate requires proof of having EUR2,000 in a bank account for the past three months. This account must have the applicant’s name on it. The documents must be originals, and two copies must be submitted. Once the application process is complete, the visa is granted. The requirements of the Working Holiday Visa vary by country.

A business visa and work permit are required to work in Hong Kong.

A Hong Kong work visa and permit are required for people who want to work legally in the city. The application process takes about four to eight weeks, and the successful applicant will receive an entry permit label on their passport. If you work in Hong Kong and have a valid identity card, you can get an extension of your work visa. If you apply for an extension of your work visa before your current visa period ends, you should present your original documents to the Immigration officer.

You can apply for an EEP (Exit-Entry Permit) for Hong Kong if employed by a foreign company or organization. The EE permit requires endorsement papers from the Public Security Bureau Office. The application process is similar to the one for an employment visa. However, the process is different depending on your reasons for coming to the country. It is important to note that the EEAP is only valid for 90 days, so you’ll need to apply for a work permit within the same period.

Working in Hong Kong is an exciting, rewarding, and financially rewarding experience, and if you’re looking for international experience, working in Hong Kong is an excellent choice. A Hong Kong work permit is required for those who wish to work in the city. However, your qualifications and experience must match the job requirements you want to apply for. In addition to applying for an employment permit, you must have a job offer from a Hong Kong company.

If you plan to live in Hong Kong with your family, you must apply for an extension of your work permit and business visa. You can apply for a new work permit during your stay if you want to change jobs. However, it would help if you did not use your existing work permit to transfer to a different employer. This is because your current work permit and business visa will not transfer to another employer.

Pre-arrival registration is free.

To avoid the long queues at immigration, you can pre-arrival-register for a Hong Kong visa before you leave your country. The process is free and straightforward. To get the registration, you must provide:

  • Your passport.
  • A printout of your PAR approval papers.
  • A copy of the last page of your visa application.

After you complete the registration, the OTA will forward the documents to the Hong Kong embassy, which typically approves them within 48 hours. Once approved, the pre-arrival registration papers must be presented at immigration clearance and boarding your flight.

If you plan on traveling to Hong Kong with little notice, you can pre-arrival-register by sending your documents to the OTA before you leave. It takes about 24 hours for the registration to be processed, and you’ll get an email confirming your approval with a corresponding voucher. The PAR can be processed for free, and the support will be sent directly to your email address. If you’re looking for more information, check out the website below!

If you’re an Indian citizen, the process is easy and free. Once you register online, you can visit Hong Kong visa-free from January 23, 2017. The process is similar to obtaining an eVisa. You can visit Hong Kong for free if your passport is valid for six months. You’ll have to re-register if you change your ticket during that time.

If your current pre-arrival registration expires, you can apply for a new one. After you complete the registration, you’ll receive an email from the PAR containing a verification number. Your registration is linked to a specific passport, so if you lose or misplace your key, you’ll need to make a new Pre-arrival registration. If you’re concerned that you might not be able to enter the HKSAR, you can check with the Immigration Department to get an updated passport.

Documentation is well documented.

The main requirement for obtaining a Hong Kong visa is that the applicant has to prove that they can significantly contribute to the country’s economy. Mainland Chinese citizens, Afghanistan, Cambodia, and Laos nationals, and those with a criminal record are not eligible to apply for this particular category. A valid travel document is required for this purpose. The Hong Kong immigration department has application forms, which can be downloaded online or obtained from Chinese missions.

To qualify for a Hong Kong visa, applicants must produce a copy of their Hong Kong identity card, birth certificate, or a certified copy of their passport. If applicants cannot have a birth certificate, they must present a CRP. This document is issued by the Registration of Persons Office of the HKID and is made from tamper-resistant paper. It also includes the applicant’s photo and an embossed seal. It also contains basic biographic information, such as the date of birth, marital status, family composition, and work experience.

The HK immigration department will also require that applicants present their passports, identity cards, and criminal records check certificates, which are required by law. Documents must be translated into Spanish, legalized, or apostilled if needed. An applicant must submit the required documents through an intermediary and may also have to undergo a personal interview. The application will take at least four weeks to process.

There are three different types of visas. The GEP visa allows applicants to bring their spouses and unmarried dependent children. The GEP visa is issued for a certain period, and applicants must have a job offer and a sponsor. To qualify, applicants must hold a graduate degree and have professional experience relevant to the position. Furthermore, the applicant must have sufficient funds to pay the family’s living expenses.


Applying for a Hong Kong visa is now made even more accessible through a new, transparent process. With the introduction of the new channel system, applicants will now be able to use their smartphones to complete their applications. To qualify, applicants must have a BN(O) or HKSAR biometric passport, be over 18 years old, and have close ties to Hong Kong. The new system will go live on February 23, with the «UK Immigration: ID Check» smartphone app going live at 9 pm GMT.

To qualify for a Hong Kong visa, applicants must demonstrate that they have the financial capacity to support themselves and any dependents. They must also demonstrate good character and fluency in Chinese and English. Applicants must also be of Chinese nationality or have parents who had relocated to Hong Kong at the time of their birth. Applicants are usually granted an initial stay of 12 months and must show proof of employment. The offer must be at the market level. Applicants must also demonstrate that they have a business in Hong Kong.

After applying, applicants must wait for at least four weeks for the application to be processed. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate the financial capacity to support themselves and any dependents, and that they will contribute to the competitiveness of Hong Kong. Once the processing time has been completed, the applicant will be required to return to HK SAR for activation of the visa. Those who have not been successful can appeal for a new application, but they must ensure that they address any problem areas and ensure that their access is processed promptly.

The Hong Kong immigration and customs procedures are efficient and transparent. Applicants must have a valid passport, and their documents must be valid for at least one month after their stay. Stateless individuals must have a valid visa issued by the Immigration Department for their specific status. If you are unsure of whether you will need a Hong Kong visa, contact the Immigration Department for more information. You can also apply for a Business Visitor Pass, which makes the immigration process even simpler for those who travel for business.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *